Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from the Hartman Estate Sale. It was obtained it as part of the purchase of the Family Collection from the Hartman Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup shortening
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 Tablespoons water
- 8 Large apples, sliced
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- Crumble flour, salt and shortening as for pie dough.
- Combine lemon juice and water with beaten egg yolks then add to flour mixture making a soft dough.
- Mix apples with remaining ingredients.
- Divide dough for two crusts then roll out one at a time and fit into pan and bring up on sides.
- Lay apples in row on bottom crust and cover with top crust.
- Bake at 375 °F for 40 minutes.
- While still warm brush with thin icing (made by mixing ingredients listed above)
- Cut in Squares.