Why pay for weight watchers apple snack when you can make your own?
- From: Vicki Lansky's Candy Book
- 1 apple (or more)
- Peel an apple and remove the core.
- Slice in rings.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, or on clear plastic wrap laid out on a cookie sheet.
- Dry in an electric oven at low or warm temperatures, in a gas oven the pilot light is sufficient.
- Drying takes 6-9 hours, making this a good overnight project.
- The size of the apple slices and your oven temperature are the variables you will have to experiment with.
- The apples need not be dried to a crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.
- These should last several weeks at room temperature.
- Good for traveling!