Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, cored and diced
- ¼ cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup marsala or other dessert wine
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 cups water
- Heat Sugar and 1 tablespoon butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add Apple and raisins; saute quickly.
- Add rice, salt and cinnamon; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed. Increase heat to medium high; stir in apple juice.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until juice is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding water, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency.
- It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.