- In a small mixing bowl pour enough boiling water over the raisins to cover them.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain raisins.
- For topping, in a medium mixing bowl stir together rolled oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in margarine of butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Set topping aside.
- For filling, in large mixing bowl combine drained raisins, sliced apples, and sugar, then gently toss till combined.
- Transfer the filling to an ungreased 9" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
- Sprinkle the topping on the filling.
- Bake in a 375 °F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till the apples are tender and topping is golden.
- Serve warm.