Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Stinson Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 cups chopped apples
- ¾ cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup raisins or chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except apples, nuts and raisins or dates.
- Beat at low speed for 1 minute then beat at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in apples, nuts and raisins or dates then pour into greased square cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.