Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Delma at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 cups Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 x 9-inch pie shell
- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Toss apples with orange juice, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons each flour and sugar.
- Fill pastry shell with apple mixture, mounding in the center.
- In small bowl, combine remaining flour and sugar; with pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in orange zest.
- Gather mixture together to make form a soft dough.
- Flatten small pieces of dough between fingers arrange on top of apple filling. (Dough will not completely cover filling)
- Wrap pie in a 30- by 15-inch piece of parchment paper, folding parchment over top of pie making sure it does not touch pie; staple ends of parchment to seal.
- Set on rack in center of oven bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Carefully open parchment and allow steam to escape.
- Remove pie from parchment cool on wire rack.