Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, strained
- 1 tbsp lemon rind
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 2¼ cups pecans, chopped
- 4½ oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sweet butter
- 1½ cups confectioners' sugar
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Beat in sugar, salt, vanilla, and vegetable oil, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Beat until well blended and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, measure out 3 cups of flour.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and sift ingredients together.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into sugar-egg mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the grated apples and chopped nuts.
- Butter a tube pan and flour lightly.
- Pour in cake batter and bake at 355 degrees for 1½ hours or until done.
- Cool in pan for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all frosting ingredients except pecans.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Spread onto cool cake.
- Sprinkle top with chopped pecans.
- Garnish base with whole pecans.