Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 muffins
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1½ cups peeled, cored, finely diced apples (any baking or all-purpose variety)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar or sucanat
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup soy milk or low-fat milk
- 1¾ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, whisk egg well, then whisk in brown sugar until dissolved.
- Whisk in oil, then milk, until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, wheat germ, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until a smooth, stiff batter forms.
- Stir in apples and walnuts if desired.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until golden and toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes, then turn muffins out onto rack and cool completely.