Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There is hundreds of variations for an apple pie but this one from WikiMama may be the most creative and earns you the most "wows".
- a square spring-form pan or any square shaped pan
- 2 pie crusts, pre-baked
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅕ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- half lemon, juiced
- ground nutmeg to taste
- Put the dough on a piece of waxed paper for cutting.
- Evil mad scientist uses a 45 watt carbon-dioxide laser laser to cut out the logo. You can cut it wit a hobby knife to do the same job.
- After removing the excess pieces, cover the top with waxed paper and chill it while preparing the rest of the pie.
- Preheat oven to 350 – 400 °F.
- Mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, place apples with the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar mixture to coat the apples evenly.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. The steep square sides of the spring-form require a little extra dough and care.
- Fill with apple mixture.
- After the apples are in, trim the dough evenly.
- Fold the edges inwards and press them down until they are level with the apples.
- Cover with a lattice work of crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Bake pie for 40 – 50 minutes.