There is hundreds of variations for an apple pie but this one from WikiMama may be the most creative and earns you the most "wows".
- a square spring-form pan or any square shaped pan
- 2 pie crusts, pre-baked
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅕ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- half lemon, juiced
- ground nutmeg to taste
- Put the dough on a piece of waxed paper for cutting.
- Evil mad scientist uses a 45 watt carbon-dioxide laser laser to cut out the logo. You can cut it wit a hobby knife to do the same job.
- After removing the excess pieces, cover the top with waxed paper and chill it while preparing the rest of the pie.
- Preheat oven to 350 – 400°F.
- Mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, place apples with the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar mixture to coat the apples evenly.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. The steep square sides of the spring-form require a little extra dough and care.
- Fill with apple mixture.
- After the apples are in, trim the dough evenly.
- Fold the edges inwards and press them down until they are level with the apples.
- Cover with a lattice work of crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Bake pie for 40 – 50 minutes.