Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Ketchum Estate in Texarkana, Texas in 1991. Notation on card indicates this recipe was a family favorite dating back to the early 1930s. Date and source unknown.
- 12 Apples
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 small red onions, grated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Quarter and pare Apples.
- Put in a sauce pan and cover with water.
- Let simmer until soft, nearly all of the water should be evaporated.
- Rub through a sieve and add salt, vinegar, onions, Sugar, cloves, mustard and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Store in glass jar in refrigerator.