This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the O'Connor Estate in Lubbock, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Prepare cake mix as you normally would but add in the sour cream and mix well.
- Spray 2 big cake pans with cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl mix sugar and jelly together until well blended and set aside.
- When cake is done take it out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Put icing on the first layer then pour remaining icing on top of cake and spread or serve as two cakes.