Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups cored, sliced, unpeeled Apples
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
- Cook carrots in butter until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add water, apple juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, rice, cinnamon and raisins.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Gently stir in green onions and Apples; heat thoroughly. Turn into serving dish. Top with sesame seed.