Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a typical New Year's Eve treat. Usually there will be a bowl of both Oliebollen and Appelbeignets on the table.
- Core the apples and peel them.
- Cut into slices and leave them overnight in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add flour and baking powder.
- The batter shouldn't be too thin, it should stick to the apple slices.
- Dip the apple slices in the batter, let the excess drip off and fry in hot oil at 180 °C until golden brown.
- Leave to drain and serve with a dusting of icing sugar.