Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
Recipe Location: CDKitchen
- Recipe ID: 38388
- Serves/Makes: 8
- Difficulty Level: 4
- Ready In: 1 - 2 hrs
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- 2¼ ounces ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 5 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 3½ Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 2 tablespoons warm honey
- Beat cheese at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add ½ cup sugar, ground almonds, vanilla extract, and egg whites, and beat until well blended. Set aside.
- Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time, coat each sheet with cooking spray, and fold in half crosswise, forming a 13 x 8½-inch rectangle.
- Gently press 1 folded sheet of phyllo into a 10-inch tart pan, allowing ends to extend over edges of pan; recoat phyllo with cooking spray.
- Place another folded sheet of phyllo across first sheet in a crisscross design; recoat phyllo with cooking spray.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 3 sheets of phyllo.
- Decoratively crimp edges of phyllo crust, and spread cheese mixture evenly into crust.
- Cut each apple half crosswise into thin slices, leaving slices stacked together to keep shape of apple half.
- Place 6 apple halves around edge of tart and 1 in the center of cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup sugar.
- Bake at 350 °F for 50 minutes or until mixture is puffed and golden and apples are tender.