Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups salad oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups finely chopped apples
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- Mix eggs, salad oil and sugar and blend well.
- Add flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chopped apples and nuts.
- Put into greased 8 or 9-inch tube or bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for one hour.
- While cake is still hot, pour topping (below) over it in the pan.
- Combine all ingredients and cook for 2½ minutes.
- Pour hot topping from pan. Let set until cold; when completely cold, remove cake with topping from pan.