Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups salad oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups finely chopped apples
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- Mix eggs, salad oil and sugar and blend well.
- Add flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chopped apples and nuts.
- Put into greased 8 or 9-inch tube or bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for one hour.
- While cake is still hot, pour topping (below) over it in the pan.
- Combine all ingredients and cook for 2½ minutes.
- Pour hot topping from pan. Let set until cold; when completely cold, remove cake with topping from pan.