Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pie Crust Edit
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 x egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- Mix the shortening and flour together.
- Beat egg and vinegar.
- Dissolve salt in cold water.
- Pour the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Then add the salty solution slowly.
- Massage the mixture into a dough.
- Cover the dough with a dry cloth and leave it to sit on a bowl for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into three parts. Roll one part and put in the baking tray.
- Now make holes with a fork to allow air to escape when it cooks. Bake with 375 F until it turns light brown.
- The other two parts can be kept for future use.
- Apple filling has to be prepared before baking the crust.
- Slice the Apples into thin slices.
- Add 2 table spoons of butter in a pan. Then pour in the sliced Apples stir for 2 minutes, add 4 table spoons of white sugar.
- Stir for 2 minutes, slowly add in 1/2 cup of hot water and cook with low temperature for 20 minutes or until the Apple is soft.
Custard (this can be done after the crust is baked) Edit
- Mix the custard, Sugar, milk and cold water.
- Stir until all dissolve.
- Cook with low temperature until it boils.
Meringue (can be prepared last) Edit
- Beat the egg white with Sugar and cream of tartar until light fluffy.
- Pour the Apple into the baked crust, then the custard and cover it with the egg white.
- Bake with 350 F until the egg white turns light brown.