Corn Flakes Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups peeled, sliced tart apples
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed to fine crumbs
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Toss with apples.
- Place apple mixture in 2-cup casserole.
- Mix the crushed corn flakes, flour, and brown sugar.
- Blend with margarine until crumbly.
- Sprinkle corn flake mixture over apples.
- Bake at 400 °F for 30 minutes until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, topped with vanilla frozen yogurt.