Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 12.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1¼-ounce packet Red Star active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
Egg Wash Edit
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (1 medium) apple, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup toasted nuts, chopped
- Blend 1 cup flour with next 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Heat milk, water and butter until warm (120 °F); pour into large bowl.
- Add flour mixture.
- Beat on low 30 seconds; add egg.
- Beat on medium 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Knead on floured surface 5 to 8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in oiled bowl; turn to grease. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size, 1 hour.
- Punch down dough on lightly floured surface. Roll into 15 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Blend egg white and water; brush over dough.
- Refrigerate remaining egg wash.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Top with apple, cranberries and nuts.
- Starting with long side of dough, roll into log; pinch to seal.
- Form into ring; overlap and seal ends.
- Place seam-side down on greased baking sheet.
- Using scissors, cut ring from outside through all dough layers to within 1-inch of center. Make 12 cuts, 2-inches apart.
- Twist each cut section ¾-turn so cut side faces downward forming pinwheel.
- Cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place until indentation remains after touching side, 30 minutes.
- Brush with remaining egg wash.
- Bake in preheated 375 °F.
- Oven 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown; cool.
- Blend powdered sugar, orange juice and orange zest.
- Drizzle over cooled tea ring.