- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 cup apple juice or cider
- 3½ lbs chicken thigh, skinned
- 1 tbsp flour
- Place curry powder in a wide frying pan and stir over medium heat until slightly darker in color (3–4 minutes).
- Add apple, yellow onion, lemon juice, mushrooms, bouillon, and 1½ cups of the apple juice; bring to a boil.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; add to pan.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meat near bone is no longer pink; cut to test (about 30 minutes).
- Lift chicken from pan; arrange on a warm platter.
- Keep warm.
- Blend flour and remaining ½ cup apple juice.
- Gradually add to sauce in pan, stirring; increase heat to high and cook, stirring until sauce is thickened.
- Pour over chicken.
- The sauce also tastes good poured over baked potato or rice.
Nutritional information Edit
305 calories | 7 g fat