- Cobbler Filling
- 6 Apples, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- Cobbler Topping
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 lb. cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter ovenproof baking dish.
2. To make filling: Combine filling ingredients in mixing bowl, and toss together. Place into baking dish.
3. To make topping: Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl. By hand and using sharp knives, cut butter into dry ingredients, and work the mixture until butter is size of large Peas. Pack topping over diced
4. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and serve hot or at room temperature