Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: 15 minutes prep, 20 minutes baking
- 6 cups baking apples, sliced, peeled and cored
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons water (divided into 4 and 2)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Stir together apples, ⅔ cup sugar and 4 tbsp water in a large sauce-pan.
- Simmer, covered for 5 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, 2 tbsp sugar, and baking powder.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the egg and milk.
- Add to flour mixture, just to moisten.
Putting It All Together
- Transfer filling to 2-quart square baking dish.
- Using a large spoon, drop topping into small mounds on top of the filling.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes in a 400 °F oven (205 °C).
- Cobblers can be made with peaches, pears, nectarines, apricots, and various types of berries.