Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 10 servings
- ½ cup + 2 tbs chopped pecans
- ¾ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup + 1 tbs light brown sugar
- 8 tbs butter
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Spread pecans on baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned.
- Set aside ¼ cup + 2 tbs pecans, finely chop remaining pecans.
- In bowl, combine ¼ cup breadcrumbs with finely chopped pecans. Reserve.
- In 2nd bowl, combine cheese, ¼ cup sugar, remaining breadcrumbs and reserved ¼ cup pecans.
- Melt 2 tbs butter and add to cheese mixture. Toss mixture until combined, set aside.
- Melt 2 tbs butter in a skillet.
- Add apples and remaining sugar, cook until golden but slightly crisp.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Stir in cheese mixture.
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place phyllo on work surface. Cover with wax paper, top with damp paper towels.
- Melt remaining butter.
- Place sheet of wax paper on work surface, top with 1 sheet phyllo, brush with butter, sprinkle with 1 tbs breadcrumb nut mixture.
- Repeat layering using all ingredients.
- Place apple mixture along 1 side of dough, leaving border.
- Fold ends and long side over filling towards center.
- Starting with filled long side, using wax paper to help, roll up strudel.
- Transfer to baking sheet placing seam side down. Brush with butter, Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 15 min. or until golden.