Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Any sweet, crunchy apple such as Gala or Fuji works well in this recipe.
- 1 large or 2 small apples
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Thinly slice the apples into 24¼-inch-thick slices.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over one half of the tortilla.
- Place four apple slices, barely overlapping, on top of cheese.
- Then sprinkle 2 more tablespoons of cheese on top of the apples and fold the tortilla in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook three quesadillas until the cheese melts and the tortillas are golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining butter and tortillas.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (143 g-wt.):
- 400 calories (240 from fat) | 27g total fat | 16g saturated fat | 2g dietary fiber | 18g protein | 24g carbohydrate | 75mg cholesterol | 580mg sodium