Any sweet, crunchy apple such as Gala or Fuji works well in this recipe.
- 1 large or 2 small apples
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Thinly slice the apples into 24¼-inch-thick slices.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over one half of the tortilla.
- Place four apple slices, barely overlapping, on top of cheese.
- Then sprinkle 2 more tablespoons of cheese on top of the apples and fold the tortilla in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook three quesadillas until the cheese melts and the tortillas are golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining butter and tortillas. Serve hot and plain.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (143 g-wt.):
- 400 calories (240 from fat) | 27g total fat | 16g saturated fat | 2g dietary fiber | 18g protein | 24g carbohydrate | 75mg cholesterol | 580mg sodium