Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes two loaves.
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup each granulated and packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1½ cups (about ½ lb. or 1 large) pared, cored and finely chopped Rome Beauty apples
- ½ cup nuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars; beat in eggs one at a time and vanilla.
- Stir in buttermilk alternately with flour mixture.
- Fold in apples, nuts and orange peel.
- Pour into two 8½ x 4½ x 2⅝ - inch greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 °F for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap and let stand overnight to allow flavors to blend.