Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Applesauce, Canned Unsweetened by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 4 slightly beaten eggs
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup (4 ounces) peeled, cored, and diced apples
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups dried, cubed bread
- Lightly beat milk, eggs, sugar, applesauce, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon; stir in raisins and diced apples.
- Oil a 9” x 9” baking pan.
- Spread cubed bread over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour custard mixture over the bread.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place pan in a larger pan of water, cover with foil, and bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut 3 x 4 to make 12 servings.
- Can be served warm or chilled.