Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apple Bread by the New Jersey Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp buttermilk
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup apples, coarsely chopped, unpeeled
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar. Add eggs and beat well.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Add buttermilk.
- Stir in apples, nuts, and vanilla. Do not over mix.
- Bake at 350 °F for 50 – 60 minutes in a greased 9-in. by 5-in. loaf pan.