Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by the LR at World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3½ cup vegetable stock
- 1½ cup apple cider
- ⅓ cup pearl barley
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp dried marjoram
- 1 each bay leaf
- 2 cup unpeeled chopped apples
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a small soup pot, saute onions in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook, stirring frequently for 10 minutes or until onions are browned.
- Add stock, cider, barley, carrots, thyme, marjoram and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook for one hour or until barley is tender.
- Add apples, parsley and lemon juice.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until apples are slightly soft.
- Discard bay leaf and serve.