Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Southwest meets southeast in this pulled pork recipe that makes a great sandwich. Don't worry, it's not spicy!
- One 3 pound boneless pork loin roast
- One 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, store bought
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine everything except the pork in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Tie pork together with cooking twine.
- Place pork in cooker and coat with sauce mix.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low heat, turning pork over once around hour 4 or 5.
- Remove pork and shred by hand.
- Empty sauce from slow cooker into bowl and serve alongside pork. Serve on hamburger or hoagie buns if desired.