Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 rice mixes
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- 1⅓ cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⅓ cup chopped dried apples
- ¼ cup parsley flakes
- ¼ cup chicken bouillon granules
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Place 1¾ cups rice mix in each of 4 air-tight containers or zip-top plastic bags.
To prepare mix Edit
- Combine 1 rice mix, 1 cup water, 1 cup apple juice (use 1¾ cups total liquid for medium or short-grain rice, 2½ cups total liquid for brown rice) and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine (optional) in 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes (45 minutes for brown rice), or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Makes 6 servings.