- 1 apple (firm)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp celery
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1 lettuce leaf (optional)
- Slice off top of apple; remove core.
- Prick outside with sharp fork.
- Place apple in tall narrow bowl.
- Combine orange and lemon juice; pour over apple.
- (add extra water if apple is not covered).
- Marinate in refrigerator 4-5 hours.
- Combine raisins, celery, and applesauce.
- Allow to mellow at room temperature 2 hours.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Drain apple.
- Cut apple into 8 sections, slicing almost to the bottom.
- Fill with applesauce mixture.
- Place on crisp lettuce leaf.
Nutritional information Edit
1 serving = 2 fruit | calories = 54