This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wilson Estate in Heath, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup apple butter
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 apples cored and sliced into eighths
- In medium bowl stir together all ingredients except drumsticks.
- Add drumsticks and toss to coat then cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil then set drumsticks in and broil 15 minutes.
- Turn drumsticks occasionally and brush them with marinade.
- Serve with apple slices.