- Place milk, eggs and butter in large mixing bowl, and beat until well combined.
- Fold in cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt, and stir until well combined.
- Fold in apples, cinnamon, lemon zest and sugar.
- Heat oil in large skillet or deep saucepan over medium heat.
- When hot, spoon fritter batter into oil, about ¼ cup at a time, and fry until golden brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from oil, and place on several layers of paper towels to blot excess oil.
- Repeat until batter is used up.
- To serve, place fritters on individual plates, and pass with selection of toppings.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.