Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 3 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- ⅔ cup dark or golden raisins
- ½ cup Grape Nuts Cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Spray nine regular-sized muffin cups with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core.
- Coarsely grate the apple and carrot, either by hand or with a food processor.
- Combine with the lightly beaten egg whites, oil, applesauce, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Stir into the moist ingredients.
- Add the oatmeal, raisins and cereal.
- Spoon in the prepared muffin tins, filling to the top.
- Bake 30 minutes, until the muffins test clean.
- Cool a few minutes in the pan before unmolding onto a cooling rack.