Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apple-Carrot Cocktail from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 30 minutes (including time it takes for the water to boil)
- Serves: 2
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- 1½ cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, snipped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, shredded
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- fresh mint (optional)
- Heat 1 cup water to boiling in a small saucepan.
- Add carrots and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, then set aside to cool.
- Place carrots in a blender then add apple juice, thyme, lemon peel, ice and lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth or to desired consistency.
- Serve in glasses garnished with mint.