This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henry Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds Fuji apples peeled halved and cored
- ½ cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- Coarsely grate apples into strainer set over large bowl.
- Press and turn apples to drain off excess juices.
- Transfer apples to medium bowl then stir in green onions and jalapenos.
- Whisk lemon juice, honey and lemon peel in small bowl to blend then mix into apples with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.