"Apple Snow Mountain". A lovely warm dessert.
- Submitted by CorineJ 13:41, 23 Mar 2006 (PST)
- 8 large sweet apples
- 4 tbsp honey or jam
- 30 g butter
- ¼ liter custard
- 50gr shredded coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 50 g sugar
- Wash the apples, core them, but don't peel them.
- Fill the cores with the honey or jam and butter and part of the shredded coconut.
- Place in an oven dish, with a little water and leave in the middle of a medium warm oven until soft.
- Pour the warm custard over the apples and cover with the beaten egg whites.
- Sprinkle the cocos and sugar over the top.