- Roast the peppers, then peel, seed, and cut into long strips.
- Roast the chiles, then peel, seed, devein and dice.
- Heat the oil in a large stew pot.
- Add the venison and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the carrots, peppers, and chiles and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the hominy, water, salt, and pepper and bring the mixture ot a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the stew simmer 1½ hours, * add the tumbleweed greens, stir 1 minute and spoon into bowls.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.