Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spicier grilled beef heart
- 8 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 chiles, rocoto, stemmed, seeded, minced
- 2 tbsp cumin, ground
- ½ tbsp oregano, dried
- salt, to taste
- pepper, black, to taste
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- Clean the beef heart thoroughly, removing all nerves and fat.
- Cut into 1" cubes, place in non-reactive bowl, refrigerate and set aside.
- Combine garlic, chiles, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper and 1½ cups vinegar.
- Pour over meat.
- Add more vinegar, if necessary, to cover meat completely.
- Marinate, refrigerated, 12-24 hours.
- About 1 hour before grilling, remove meat from marinade and thread on skewers.
- Soak the crushed chile in ⅓ cup warm water for 30 minutes.
- In processor, combine chiles and water with oil and salt.
- Add enough reserved marinade (¾ cup) to make thick sauce, puree.
- Brush skewered meat with sauce and grill over hot coals or under a broiler, turning and basting to cook quickly on all sides.
- Best cooked medium well, 4 – 6 minutes on the grill.