Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Puckett Estate in Irving, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups cooked northern beans
- 1 onion cut finely in half moons
- ½ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1 tomato diced
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Soak beans over night.
- Bring them to a boil and then on medium heat cook them until soft.
- In a bowl mix tahini, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic for the sauce.
- Pour tahini dressing over beans and mix well.
- Slice onion thinly julienne style in half moon shape.
- In a bowl knead it with 1 teaspoon salt and rinse.
- Mix beans with onion and parsley.
- Decorate with tomatoes and slices of hard boiled eggs.