Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an unusual variation on traditional Scotch eggs.
- Makes 10.
- 2 hard boiled and shelled eggs
- 100 g (3* oz) stilton cheese, crumbled
- 50 g (2 oz) curd cheese
- 450 g (1 lb) sausage, ground
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 1 beaten egg
- dried wholemeal bread crumbs, to coat
- Chop the hard boiled eggs and thoroughly mix with the stilton and curd cheese.
- Divide into 10 parts and shape into balls.
- Chill for 10–15 minutes.
- Mix the sausage and curry powder together.
- Divide into 10 pieces.
- Flatten each piece and wrap around a ball of filling.
- Seal the edges well.
- Roll in beaten egg then coat in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil at 160 °C / 325 °F for 7–8 minutes and drain on absorbent kitchen paper, or place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 190 °C / 375 °F / gas 5 for 15–20 minutes, until cooked.
- Serve warm or cold.