This is an unusual variation on traditional Scotch eggs.
- Makes 10.
- 2 hard boiled and shelled eggs
- 100 g (3* oz) stilton cheese, crumbled
- 50 g (2 oz) curd cheese
- 450 g (1 lb) sausage, ground
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 1 beaten egg
- dried wholemeal bread crumbs, to coat
- Chop the hard boiled eggs and thoroughly mix with the stilton and curd cheese.
- Divide into 10 parts and shape into balls.
- Chill for 10–15 minutes.
- Mix the sausage and curry powder together.
- Divide into 10 pieces.
- Flatten each piece and wrap around a ball of filling.
- Seal the edges well.
- Roll in beaten egg then coat in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil at 160 °C / 325 °F for 7–8 minutes and drain on absorbent kitchen paper, or place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 190 °C / 375 °F / gas 5 for 15–20 minutes, until cooked.
- Serve warm or cold.