Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 3 cups bread flour (maybe a bit more if needed for dough consistency)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 packet active yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water (110 degrees)
- 1/4 chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 - 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Mix together the water, yeast, Sugar and half of the rosemary.
- Add 1 tsp salt to the flour, then add the flour and salt to the yeast mixture, slowly, until the dough is able to form a ball.
- Knead on a well floured board or table for 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a well oiled bowl, cover, and let sit in a warm place until it doubles in size (about an hour).
- Mix together the oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Punch dough down, and knead a few times to make it easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 2 loaves and place several inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Score the loaves and pour the oil mixture on top of them.
- Sprinkle each loaf with the kosher salt. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Tip: place a bowl of cold water in the oven to make it steamy and keep things moist.