Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 1 loaf
- 2¼ cups flour — sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup almonds, toasted—ground or chopped
- Sift together twice the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until soft.
- Add the anise seed and the almond extract and blend well.
- Add the unbeaten eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Fold in the ground or chopped almonds.
- Bake in a preheated 350 °F oven for 1 hour, in a greased and lightly floured loaf pan (9×5×3).