This recipe came my from my Aunt Maggie's collection that I inherited when I inherited the family collection in 1980. Notation on card indicates this came from a Fannie Farmer cookbook in 1911.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Beat egg whites until stiff and dry.
- Mix together sugar and cream of tartar then sift well.
- Gradually add to egg whites beating constantly then sift flour into mixture.
- Add vanilla and cut and fold until blended.
- Turn into a buttered and floured angel cake pan and bake at 350 °F for 50 minutes.