Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Andersen's Pea Soup Restaurant
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My Old Recipes
- Serves 8
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups green split peas
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp thyme
- dash red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- Mix water, peas, celery, carrot, onion, thyme, red pepper and bay leaf in large kettle.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Boil vigorously for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until split peas are tender.
- Press soup through a fine sieve and reheat to boiling point.