Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Huey Estate in Richardson, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large ancho chili
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and cubed
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Put ancho chili in small saucepan and cover with water then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes then remove chili from liquid.
- When cool enough to handle stem chili and split open and scrape out the seeds.
- Meanwhile put squash in a saucepan and cover with water then bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes then drain well and transfer to food processor.
- Add chili and cumin then process until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.