Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 large red onion, julienne
- 1 tbsp ancho powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups beer
- In a large mixing bowl, combine onions, ancho powder, cumin, flour, cornmeal, salt, lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add beer, stirring to form a pancake-thin batter.
- Coat a griddle with a little oil and heat over medium heat.
- Pour ¼cup of batter out at a time to form cakes, flattening if required.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip cakes and continue cooking until second side is browned.
- Reserve cakes on a warmed plate.
- Serve with chili.