Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 large red onion, julienne
- 1 tbsp ancho powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups beer
- In a large mixing bowl, combine onions, ancho powder, cumin, flour, cornmeal, salt, lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add beer, stirring to form a pancake-thin batter.
- Coat a griddle with a little oil and heat over medium heat.
- Pour ¼cup of batter out at a time to form cakes, flattening if required.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip cakes and continue cooking until second side is browned.
- Reserve cakes on a warmed plate.
- Serve with chili.