Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ cup dried anasazi beans
- 1½ cup dried pinto beans
- 10 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup dried Indian hominy
- 3 green Anaheim chiles, (for garnish)
- Soak the beans overnight in water to cover.
- In the morning rinse the beans with cold water and place with fresh water to cover.
- Stir in the salt, cover and simmer slowly 2 to 2½ hours.
- Add water when necessary and stir
- Add hominy and simmer, covered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- While the beans and hominy are cooking, roast, peel, seed and dice the chiles.
- Sprinkle on top of the cooked beans for garnish.