Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Sarah from Ohio via www.davita.com
- Yields: 12 muffins
- 12 muffin papers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all purpose white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cups raw apple, peeled and cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 °F and place muffin papers in muffin pan.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, oil and water; mix well.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in apple pieces.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Mix remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Try freezing leftover muffins and reheating in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds for a quick snack.
- Sugar can be replaced with Splenda sugar-free sweetener. Be aware muffins will not rise as high and may cook 3 to 5 minutes faster than the recipe's expected baking time.
- Always consult with your physician, dietitian and other members of your dialysis team before partaking in any activity or trying any
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving(1 muffin):
- 132 Calories | 3g Protein | 15g Carbs | 0.8g Fiber | 35mg Cholesterol | 117mg Sodium | 46mg Potassium | 34mg Phosphorus | 10mg Calcium
- Renal and Renal Diabetic Food Choices: 1 starch | 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1