Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
bitter melon salad.
- 400 g ampalaya (bitter melon)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g cooked shrimps shelled and de-veined (optional)
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 large onion, sliced sea salt to taste
- tomato wedges for garnish
- Cut the bitter melon (ampalaya) in half lengthwise and remove the white pith and seeds, then cut diagonally.
- Mash with salt and squeeze the bitter juice, then wash well in running water, squeeze dry and place in a salad bowl.
- Add shrimp and onion.
- Prepare vinaigrette with the vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper and add to the salad bowl.
- Combine well.
- Refrigerate (serve cold).
- Garnish with tomato wedges just before serving.