Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 – 4 medium white onions
- 2 cups cold butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Cook onions in ½ cup butter for 10 minutes.
- stir in the poppy seeds, salt, paprika and pepper.
- Cook stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat, set aside.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and sugars.
- Cut in 1¼ cups butter.
- Melt the remaining butter.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, sour cream and melted butter.
- Stir in egg mixture.
- Spread into a greased pan.
- Spoon onion mixture over the dough.
- Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Serve warm.